- Kyiv police exposes illegal activities of laboratory workers who issued COVID certificates without testing 23.10.2021
- TAS insurer plans to allocate UAH 130 mln to pay dividends for 2020 23.10.2021
- E-Health to allow to identify opponents of vaccination against COVID-19 among family doctors – Liashko 23.10.2021
- Third batch of international military aid for $60 mln arrives in Ukraine – Defense Ministry 23.10.2021
- Central Mining and Processing Plant reduces production of pellets by 2.5% in nine months 23.10.2021
European states ready to ensure Ukraine's access to COVID-19 vaccines within COVAX platform – joint statement
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The member states of the European Union are ready to provide Ukraine with coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines as part of the global COVAX platform.
This is stated in a joint statement by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, President of the European Council Charles Michel and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen, which was adopted by the heads of Ukraine and the European Union following the 23rd Ukraine-EU summit on Tuesday, and released on the presidential website of Ukraine.
"We [the signatories of the statement] reaffirmed our readiness to cooperate closely on ensuring access to COVID-19 vaccines in the framework of the COVAX platform, including through the EU Vaccine Transfer Mechanism and the donations delivered through it to Ukraine by the EU Member States," the officials said in the document.
The signatories of the joint statement also welcomed the decision by the European Union on the compatibility of the EU Digital COVID Certificate and the Ukrainian Digital Certificate that aims to mutually facilitate the movement of persons during COVID-19 restrictions and acknowledged the achievements of Ukraine in this regard.
"The EUR 190 million support package and the EUR 1.2 billion macro-financial assistance programme that the EU has mobilized for Ukraine to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and its socio-economic impact goes far beyond what the EU has provided to any other partner," they said.