- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
EU looks forward to Ukraine's participation in military operation Althea – joint statement
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The European Union looks forward to Ukraine’s full participation in the Althea peacekeeping operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This is stated in a joint statement by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, President of the European Council Charles Michel and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen, which was adopted by the heads of Ukraine and the European Union following the 23rd Ukraine-EU summit on Tuesday, and released on the presidential website.
"We [the signers of the statement] look forward to Ukraine’s participation in [European Union Force Bosnia and Herzegovina] EUFOR Althea and noted Ukraine’s willingness to participate in individual PESCO projects," the officials said in the document.
It notes that the signatories also noted the importance of further enhancing cooperation in the area of Common Security and Defense Policy (CSDP) and of Ukraine’s increased convergence with Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) and in this context recalled our joint commitment to promote the principles enshrined in the Association Agreement, including Article 7(2).
In addition, it is stated that the EU will explore possibilities to further support Ukraine’s resilience, including in the area of professional military education.