- Yermak: There are great expectations from conference on Ukraine's restoration in Rome 30.03.2023
- Complaint filed with police, Culture Ministry's Commission to continue its work in Lavra tomorrow – Tkachenko 30.03.2023
- Ukraine ready to take back deported Ukrainian orphans on Russia's border with any EU country – Vereschuk 30.03.2023
- Issue of Putin's possible visit to Turkey being worked out; no official confirmation – Ukraine's Ambassador 30.03.2023
- Kremlin outraged by China's lack of support for Russian aggression against Ukraine – Kuleba in FT interview 30.03.2023
Environmental damage from Russian military aggression reaches UAH 3 tn – minister
LVIV. March 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The environmental damage to Ukraine from the full-scale aggression of the Russian Federation has reached UAH 3 trillion, and part of the natural resources are lost forever, Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine Ruslan Strilets has said.
“Russians, like barbarians, are destroying everything, without even realizing that the environment does not recognize borders… We have already calculated the losses: UAH 3 trillion of environmental damage – land and air pollution, burned forests, destroyed natural resources,” the minister said on Sunday at the United for Justice international conference in Lviv.
“There are natural resources of Ukraine that are lost forever,” he said.
According to the minister, forest plantations suffer the most.
“Almost 3 million hectares of forests were damaged. It is almost a third of the forest territories of Ukraine, 500,000 hectares are currently under occupation or in a war zone,” he said.
Due to the actions of the Russian Federation, the damage to natural diversity is 600 species of fauna and 750 species of flora.