- Chinese Foreign Ministry: ICC issuing arrest warrant against Putin, should 'avoid politicization and double standards' 20.03.2023
- Four servicemen killed during shootings in military unit of Chernihiv region; proceedings being launched – SBI 20.03.2023
- Kharkiv region's SBU department ex-head Dudin to stand trial on charges of treason – SBI 20.03.2023
- Ukrainian FM urges EU ministers to increase supply of weapons, artillery shells to Ukraine 20.03.2023
- No negotiations with current Russian elite after ICC judgement – Podoliak 20.03.2023
Energy Ministry at court wants to terminate concession of CHPP-2 Eskhar with businessman Fuks' DV Oil and Gas Production Company
KYIV. March 16 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Kharkiv regional prosecutor’s office, in the interests of the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine, filed a lawsuit to terminate the concession agreement between Combined Heat and Power Plant-2 Eskhar and DV Oil and Gas Production Company LLC belonged to businessman Pavlo Fuks.
The Economic Court of Kharkiv region, by a judgement dated March 6, 2023, opened the relevant proceedings on the case. The preparatory hearing is scheduled for April 5.
As reported, DV NK won the tender for the concession of an integral property complex of the state-owned enterprise CHPP-2 Eskhar (Kharkiv region) in 2012. The results of the tender were enshrined in Energy and Coal Industry Ministry order No. 247 dated April 19, 2012.
Fuks bought the Eskhar CHPP-2 from the ex-deputy minister of fuel and energy, MP Yuliy Ioffe. In February 2019, in an interview with the Economic Pravda publication, he said: “I didn’t buy CHPP-2 from [Yuriy] Boiko, but from Yuliy Ioffe… I bought at a good price and took on these risks [concerning coal supply]. I am very pleased with this.”
In June 2021, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy approved by decree the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) decision to impose personal sanctions, in particular against Fuks.
DV Oil and Gas Production Company, which includes a branch of the Colliery for the Extraction and Enrichment of Coal and a branch of CHPP-2 Eskhar, is owned by the Seychelles Lattére business Corp and Belize’s Ko-Investments Ltd.