- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Energoatom to replace components, spare parts for NPPs, which may be of Russian origin
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Council of Energoatom’s Chief Engineers at a meeting on April 4 in Zaporizhia approved measures to replace the supply of spare parts and components for the needs of nuclear power plants (NPPs) from companies that are indirectly or partially connected with the Russian Federation and simultaneously work in Ukraine and European countries, the company said in a statement on its Telegram channel on Thursday.
"The most pressing issues at present are the need to introduce additional measures for the physical security of nuclear facilities on the territory of Ukraine, a new risk assessment, as well as the replacement of components and spare parts that may be of Russian origin," acting First Deputy President and Energoatom Technical Director Yuriy Sheiko has said.
The meeting of the Council of Energoatom’s Chief Engineers is held to develop recommendations for improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of NPP operation, extending the life of power units, improving systems of technical support, maintenance and repair.
During the meeting, experts identify problem areas in all of the listed segments and prepare appropriate recommendations.