- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Enemy trying to storm Severodonetsk in several directions – regional authorities
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Troops of the Russian Federation and the so-called "Luhansk People’s Republic" are trying to storm the town of Severodonetsk in several directions, head of Severodonetsk Military and Civil administration Oleksandr Striuk said.
"The town is almost surrounded by Russian and ‘LPR’ troops, and [they] are trying to storm the city in several directions," he said on the air of the national #UArazom telethon.
Nevertheless, as the head of the Administration stressed, such information is not an incentive for civilians to leave the city, and the rate of evacuation in general has significantly decreased.
"They are almost minuscule: up to ten people a day who can be persuaded to leave. It’s difficult because there are about 15,000 people left in the town who don’t leave," Striuk said.