- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Embargo on Russian gas and oil won’t stop Russian invasion immediately, but will exhaust funding for the war – Shmyhal
KYIV. May 7 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal says the embargo on Russian gas and oil by international partners will not stop the Russian invasion instantly, but will help Ukraine fight the enemy.
"It won’t stop the invasion instantly, but it will help us fight the enemy that will get weaker and weaker, and over time it won’t have the means to finance the crimes and this war," Shmyhal said on CBC News, commenting on the effectiveness of the embargo on Russian gas and oil from international partners.
He noted that Ukraine is awaiting a decision on the embargo from European countries.