- Ukraine threshes 11.15 mln tonnes of corn – Agrarian Policy Ministry 23.10.2021
- Ukrzaliznytsia to open vaccination points against COVID-19 at railway stations in all regional centers 23.10.2021
- National Securities and Stock Market Commission approves corporate governance standards of professional participants for discussion 23.10.2021
- Rada may adopt amendments to regulations in order to avoid delaying budget process – head of budget committee 23.10.2021
- NBU not to punish credit unions for violations caused by quarantine 23.10.2021
Education Ministry recommends to start holidays earlier due to worsening epidemiological situation in Ukraine
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The State Commission on Technogenic and Environmental Safety and Emergency Situations invites the Ministry of Education and Science to send a registered letter in order to reschedule the beginning of the holidays from October 25 to October 18.
"This will allow us to restrain in a certain percentage the active epidemic process, which is now recorded on the territory of our state," Minister of Health of Ukraine Viktor Liashko said in an interview with the Internet edition of Radio Liberty.
At the same time, he is not yet ready to say how long the autumn holidays will last.
"We are now talking about bringing the holidays closer, and in the future we will look at it depending on the epidemiological situation. Or recommend to extend it, if there is a positive trend, or we will make other decisions. Everything will depend on the situation that we will record […] The question is that the educational process is associated with an increased number of contacts among the adult population," the Minister of Health said.
Liashko also reported that "usually a vacation or suspension of the educational process leads to at least 15% reduction in the incidence within five days after this decision is made."
Earlier it was reported that the State Commission on Technogenic and Environmental Safety and Emergency Situations established a "red" level of epidemic danger of the spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19 in Kherson region from October 15.