- Volume of domestic air traffic in summer of 2021 increases by 3% compared to summer of 2019 – Infrastructure Ministry 20.09.2021
- Ukraine strengthening air defense system in northern regions – Defense Ministry 20.09.2021
- Odesa Port-Side Plant again stops operating – first deputy director 20.09.2021
- Death toll from Perm University attack climbs to eight 20.09.2021
- Ukraine extradites ex-military police chief to Georgia 20.09.2021
Director of Bureau of Economic Security expects BES launch by end of Nov
KYIV. Sept 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Director of the Bureau of Economic Security (BES) Vadym Melnyk, who was appointed by the government on August 20 this year, considers it realistic to launch the new body by the end of November.
"We consider it real to launch BES by the end of November," he told a press conference in Kyiv on Tuesday.
Melnyk said that according to his calculations, the launch of the Bureau may take at least three to four months, which, however, is less than the launch of such new bodies as the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) and the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
He said that it is necessary to provide at least 30% of employees to start BES. In particular, at the first stage it is necessary to recruit 210 full-time employees in the central office, on 10-20 experts in each direction.