- Zelensky thanks Canada for expanding, extending UNIFIER mission in Ukraine 27.01.2022
- Ukraine to deepen cooperation with Germany in decarbonization 27.01.2022
- Presidents of Ukraine, Lithuania discuss security situation along Ukrainian borders 27.01.2022
- Kuleba has audience with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark 27.01.2022
- Creating psychological pressure, Russia tries to worsen Ukraine’s economy – Shuliak 27.01.2022
Delivery of 50,000 vials of Remdesivir to Ukraine expected by Dec 15 – health minister
KHARKIV. Nov 27 (Interfax-Ukraine) – By December 15, a new batch of Remdesivir, which is used to treat patients with COVID-19, should be delivered to Ukraine.
"The state purchased Remdesivir and gave it to the regions. We saw that during this wave the consumption of Remdesivir increased significantly compared to the wave that was in the spring. This promptly obliged us to make additional purchases, now they will be carried out … On December 15, another 50,000 bottles are expected to be delivered to the regions," Health Minister Viktor Liashko said at a briefing in Kharkiv on Friday evening.
He also said that work is underway to supply innovative anticovid drugs to Ukraine.
"We are working to deliver to Ukraine innovative drugs that have been developed directly for the treatment of COVID-19. On Wednesday, the Cabinet of Ministers adopted a resolution, where two direct-acting drugs are included in the nomenclature for purchases … We are at the final stage of this signing. There is a reservation for Ukraine. As soon as these companies ship these drugs for sale, they will be among the first to arrive in Ukraine," Liashko said.