- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Deficit of Ukraine's foreign trade decreases by 33.9% in Jan-Aug
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The deficit of Ukraine’s foreign trade in goods over January-August 2021 decreased by 33.9% compared to the same period in 2020, to $1.731 billion from $2.619 billion, the State Statistics Service of Ukraine reported on Wednesday.
According to its data, exports of goods from Ukraine over the specified period increased by 35.6% compared to the same period in 2020, to $41.788 billion, and imports – by 30.1%, to $43.519 billion.
The State Statistics Service clarified that in August, compared with July 2021, the seasonally adjusted volume of exports increased by 1.9%, to $6.008 billion, imports – by 0.6%, to $6.089 billion.
The seasonally adjusted foreign trade balance in August 2021 was negative and amounted to $80 million, which is better than the previous month ($156 million).
The coverage of imports by exports in eight months of this year amounted to 0.96% (over the same period in 2020 – 0.92%).
The State Statistics Service specified that foreign trade operations were carried out with partners from 231 countries of the world.