- No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee 18.09.2021
- Latvia includes Ukraine in list of countries that pose serious risk to public health – embassy 18.09.2021
- Monitoring system will include all info about oligarchs – Danilov 18.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 18.09.2021
- Russian occupation forces violate ceasefire in Donbas 7 times, two JFO fighters wounded over past day – HQ 18.09.2021
Danilov: Oligarchic system elimination is Ukraine's priority task
KYIV. Sept 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The elimination of the oligarchic system is a priority task for Ukraine, since its existence can lead to tragedy, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) Oleksiy Danilov said.
"The elimination of the oligarchic, clan, monopoly, corrupt system, which, unfortunately, still exists in Ukraine today, is our number one task. If we do not do this, the neighbors, who constantly stand at our doorstep with an ax and brandish it, will use this and this situation will continue. When we talk about 30 years of Ukraine’s independence, it can end very tragically for us," Danilov said at the YES Brainstorming conference on Saturday, September 11.
He said that "modern oligarchs in Ukraine are taking steps to stop being called oligarchs."
"This can be done very quickly. First, stop influencing politics through money. This is a fundamentally important thing. Second, we need to stop corrupting our officials. Third, we need to stop engaging in monopoly," Danilov said.
According to him, if the National Security and Defense Council headed by the president does not now engage in the elimination of the oligarchic system, then over time, Ukraine will face great challenges.
"Now we are not talking about people, but about our state," he said.
YES Brainstorming is organized by the Yalta European Strategy (YES) and Victor Pinchuk Foundation.