- Ukraine invited for first time to Conference of National Armaments Directors at NATO headquarters – Defense Ministry 25.10.2021
- Moldovan Socialists' delegation fails to agree with Moscow on gas supplies at below market prices – source 25.10.2021
- Fight against illegal filling stations can be temporarily entrusted to law enforcement agencies 25.10.2021
- Energy Ministry notes stability of Ukraine's power system, despite low coal reserves 25.10.2021
- Presidential Representative Office in Crimea condemns detention in Simferopol of Crimean Solidarity activists, attorney Edem Semedlyaev 25.10.2021
Daily mortality from COVID-19 over past day establishes second result since pandemic start
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The number of Ukrainians who died over the past day, who were diagnosed with coronavirus infection COVID-19, was 471, which is 10 less than on April 7, when the maximum daily mortality rate of those infected since the beginning of the pandemic was recorded.
As reported on the website of the Monitoring System for the Spread of the Coronavirus Epidemic, on April 22, 2021, some 470 people died from COVID-19, on April 14 – 467, on April 13 – 457, which was the third, fourth and fifth death rates since the beginning of the pandemic. A day earlier, on October 12, some 352 deaths were reported over the past day, which was the highest figure since the beginning of a new wave of morbidity that began in late July.
At the same time, the level of daily morbidity and recovery remains significantly lower than was achieved in early April (20,341 cases on April 3 and 20,000 from 192 on April 30), but has become the maximum since the beginning of a new wave of COVID-19 incidence.
According to the Worldometers portal, Ukraine ranked first in the number of cases per day from 18 countries, of which information has been received at the moment (Thailand is in the second place, where 10,064 people fell ill) and the second in the number of deaths per day from 14 countries (Mexico is first, where 546 people died, and Thailand ranks third with 82 cases).
As reported, according to the Ministry of Health, 16,309 new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in Ukraine over the past day, 6,462 people recovered, and 471 people died.