- Third batch of international military aid for $60 mln arrives in Ukraine – Defense Ministry 23.10.2021
- Central Mining and Processing Plant reduces production of pellets by 2.5% in nine months 23.10.2021
- Ukraine threshes 11.15 mln tonnes of corn – Agrarian Policy Ministry 23.10.2021
- Ukrzaliznytsia to open vaccination points against COVID-19 at railway stations in all regional centers 23.10.2021
- National Securities and Stock Market Commission approves corporate governance standards of professional participants for discussion 23.10.2021
Continental Farmers Group opens potato storage facility in Lviv region
KYIV. Oct 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Continental Farmers Group agricultural holding put into operation a potato storage facility in the village of Chukva (Lviv region), designed for simultaneous storage of up to 16,000 tonnes of potatoes, investments in the project amounted to UAH 111.4 million, according to the website of the group.
"After launching a new complex in the village of Chukva, our company has the ability to simultaneously store over 100,000 tonnes of potatoes and supply them to our customers throughout almost the entire year with the preservation of quality indicators," Continental Farmers CEO Georg v. Nolcken said.
Construction work at the facility with a total area of over 6,000 square meters was conducted during 10 months. The storage is zoned into six chambers for bulk storage of potatoes with a total capacity of 2,650 tonnes each, its shelf life is about 10 months.
Continental Farmers Group said that the floor of the potato storage is equipped with forced air systems that evenly distribute ventilation around the entire perimeter of the building, this technology is used for the first time in Ukraine.
The agricultural holding indicated among its priorities the cultivation of potatoes: chips, seed and food varieties. The total area under potatoes in the current production season amounted to 1,800 hectares, its harvest is stored in warehouses in Ternopil and Lviv regions with a total capacity of 103,000 tonnes. The group also has its own starch plant.
Agroholding Mriya and CFG, united under the name Continental Farmers Group, have been operating as a single business since November 2018.