- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Continental completes harvesting winter crops, threshes 459,400 tonnes of crop from 89,200 ha
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Continental Farmers Group has completed the harvest of winter crops, in general, 459,400 tonnes of crops from 89,200 hectares have been harvested, the yield indicators exceeded the planned ones, the agricultural producer said in a press release on Thursday.
According to it, the average yield of winter wheat was 62 centners per hectare from a total area of 43,400 hectares, winter barley – 62.3 centners per hectare (from 12,200 hectares), winter rapeseed – 34.3 centners per hectare (from 33,300 hectares).
"The first wave of the harvesting campaign was successful for Continental: the yield indicators for almost all crops exceeded the planned ones. Despite the fact that the harvesting period was somewhat delayed due to weather conditions, we managed to meet the agronomic deadlines and harvest the crops from the fields on time," Vitaliy Stavnychuk, Chief Operating Officer of Continental, is quoted in the report.
For harvesting, the agricultural holding used 97 of its own combines and 746 trucks for its transportation.
Today the company is preparing land for the autumn sowing campaign, which has already started. Continental has already planted 85% of the area planned for winter rapeseed. In addition, preparations are underway for digging up potatoes and harvesting late crops – sunflower, corn and soybeans.
As reported, Continental allocated 189,100 hectares for the harvest in 2021, of which 89,200 hectares are winter crops.