- Diia users can now download the COVID vaccination certificate in PDF format – Digital Transformation Minister 29.11.2021
- Ukraine's Agrarian Policy Ministry to cooperate with Arabian Alkhorayef Group in irrigation sphere 29.11.2021
- Stoltenberg on possible Russian invasion of Ukraine: This cannot be considered a bluff 29.11.2021
- SBI explains it did not open 'case' against Butusov, urges not to involve department in political accusations 29.11.2021
- Kuleba names three elements of deterring Russian aggression 29.11.2021
Construction site of two new airports in Donbas identified, final confirmation of General Staff needed – Kubrakov
KYIV. Nov 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The construction site of two new airports in Donbas has been determined, final confirmation of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is needed, Minister of Infrastructure Oleksandr Kubrakov said.
"Airports in the east. We have potentially already worked out with our military colleagues from the army, from the General Staff, where exactly they can be built. There will be one airport in the south, closer to Mariupol. But, of course, not in Mariupol, because Mariupol is very close to the disengagement line. And the second airport – near the cities of Kramatorsk – Slaviansk, somewhere there," Kubrakov said at the Great Construction: Aviation. Tourism forum on Thursday.
According to the minister, the construction site for future airports has already been determined and will soon be presented.
"For now, we are awaiting final confirmation from the military," Kubrakov said.
He also said that another new airport will appear in Mukachevo (Zakarpattia region).
"We are moving faster than planned. That is, we already have all the relevant documents for the land. I hope that in the middle of next year we will start construction, of a landing strip near the city of Mukachevo. This will be the main airport in Zakarpattia," he said.
Earlier, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky announced the adoption at the state level of a strategic decision on the construction of new airports in the part of Donbas controlled by Ukraine and in Zakarpattia.