- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Bill No. 7311 with amendments to Tax Code postponed for time being
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – A group of draft laws under No. 7311 on amendments to the Tax Code, in particular on the abolition of preferential import of cars and other imports and an increase from 1.5% to 3% of the war tax, has been postponed for the time being, Yaroslav Zhelezniak, the deputy head of the relevant parliamentary committee, said.
"Everyone who was worried that the parliament would soon adopt tax changes No. 7311, don’t worry. They won’t accept it in the near future," he wrote on his Telegram channel.
MP Maksym Buzhansky (the Servant of the People faction) also said on Telegram that finalized bill No. 7311-d was withdrawn from consideration, criticizing the norm on increasing the war levy.
According to information on the website of the Rada, after the registration on April 24 of basic bill No. 7311, which also contained a provision on the abolition of the 7% VAT introduced just over a month ago on the import of motor fuel and zero excise duty on the supply of gasoline and liquefied gas, three more alternative bills appeared. And on May 1, revised bill No. 7311-d was registered, which retained the current regime for the import of petroleum products and a 7% VAT on them.
The draft law also retains a proposal to formalize (optionally) VAT refunds for January (estimated at up to UAH 17 billion) in government bonds.