- Putin gives Snowden Russian citizenship 26.09.2022
- Zelensky, Rutte discuss situation at front, further support for Ukraine 26.09.2022
- Invaders toughen filtration measures in occupied regions of Ukraine – AFU General Staff 26.09.2022
- Occupiers mount two missile attacks, launch four air strikes against Ukraine in past 24 hours – AGU General Staff 26.09.2022
- Air defense forces down Russian missile in Dnipropetrovsk region – governor 26.09.2022
Biden, Truss discuss Ukraine, energy
KYIV. Sept 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) – U.S. President Joe Biden and British Prime Minister Liz Truss discussed Ukraine, energy and economic security during the first official talks since she headed the British government, the White House reported on Wednesday.
"We want to work more closely with the United States, especially on energy security, on our economic security, but also in reaching out to fellow democracies around the world to make sure that democracies prevail and we protect the freedom and future of our citizens," Truss said, quoted by the U.S. administration.
In turn, Biden told Truss that he expected further close cooperation between the United States and Britain, and that they had a lot to do together.
I look forward to working closely with you, our closest ally in the world, the U.S. president said.
Truss also added that she was very eager to work with the United Sstates. to make sure they support the Ukrainians.