- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, Maryinka remain in epicenter of hostilities – General Staff
KYIV. Apr 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, and Maryinka remain in the epicenter of hostilities, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has said.
“The enemy continues to focus its main efforts on offensive operations in Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, and Maryinka directions. Due to well-coordinated actions of the Defense Forces of Ukraine and the heroism of each fighter, more than 45 enemy attacks were repelled in the past 24 hours. Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, and Maryinka remain in the epicenter of hostilities,” it said on Facebook on Monday.
In Bakhmut direction, the enemy continues to make attempts to seize full control over the town of Bakhmut. The occupation forces also conducted an offensive near the settlements of Horikhove-Vasylivka and Ivanivske, but did not succeed. The defense forces repelled around 20 enemy attacks on this section during the day.
In Avdiyivka and Maryinka directions, the Russian forces also tried to conduct an offensive, but failed.
In Volyn, Polissia, Siversky, and Slobozhansky directions, the situation did not change. Russian continues to use the air space and the territory of Belarus, as well as its military infrastructure.