- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Azerbaijan to boost gas exports to Europe 25% to 10 bcm in 2022
BAKU. May 5 (Interfax) – Azerbaijani gas exports to Europe will exceed 10 billion cubic meters in 2022, Azerbaijani Energy Minister Parviz Shahbazov said.
"Supplies of Azerbaijani gas to Europe are expected at a level of over 10 bcm until the end of the current year," Shahbazov said on Twitter.
Azerbaijan exported 19.2 bcm of gas in 2021, including more than 8 bcm to Europe, meaning Azerbaijani gas supplies to the region will increase 25% in 2022.
Azerbaijani gas exports to Europe totaled 2.6 bcm in the first quarter of 2022, up 2.4-fold. Gas exports reached roughly 5.9 bcm overall in January-March 2022.
Azerbaijani gas is currently supplied to Georgia, Turkey, and Europe through the Southern Gas Corridor. Supplies to Europe through the Trans Adriatic Pipeline, part of the Southern Gas Corridor, began on December 31, 2020.