- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
As result of shelling in Luhansk region, two people killed, houses, infrastructure damaged – head of regional military administration
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – As a result of the shelling of settlements in Luhansk region, two people were killed, there is destruction of houses and infrastructure, head of the regional military administration Serhiy Haidai said.
"The enemy opened fire on residential areas and infrastructure 16 times. This is half of the recorded number of attacks throughout the region. Some 12 buildings, an electrical substation, a complex of commercial facilities were damaged. There are two dead. Seven more houses were destroyed in Rubizhne, two in Novodruzhesk. There are destruction in Lysychansk, Orikhove, Hirske, Popasna," Haidai wrote on his Telegram channel on Friday morning.
In addition, "at about 18:00 [May 5] enemy shells hit one of the last gas stations in Luhansk region and the nearby railway facility of Severodonetsk Azot. Sleepers and grass caught fire on a total area of 400 square meters. There was a threat of fire for the tanks of the enterprise. However, the rescuers managed to prevent it in time."