- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ambassador to Turkey: We expect Bayraktar plant to be launched within two years
KYIV. Jan 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine expects the Turkish defense company Baykar to complete the construction of its plant in Ukraine in two years, Ukrainian Ambassador to Turkey Vasyl Bodnar has said.
"We expect that the plant itself will be launched within the next two years and will start producing goods, including those with Ukrainian components," he said at a briefing at Media Center Ukraine on Tuesday.
Bodnar added that the other day, another flight of the Kızılelma (Red Apple) drone with a Ukrainian engine was made, which indicates the density of cooperation.
The Bayraktar Kızılelma is a supersonic jet-powered stealth UAV developed by the Turkish defense company Baykar. The UAV has a maximum takeoff weight of about 6 tonnes, with more than 1.5 tonnes of said weight available for the payload. It’s equipped with one turbojet engine. Its highest speed is up to 800 km/h, its flight time is up to 5 hours.