- Brussels calls recent anti-corruption investigations as ‘positive signal’ 03.02.2023
- Progress in provision of weapons by France to Ukraine is inevitable, we will hear about results in near future – Stefanchuk 02.02.2023
- SBU detains employee of Ukroboronprom, who works for Russia’s military intelligence 02.02.2023
- USA imposes sanctions against 12 companies, 10 individuals who help Kremlin evade sanctions 02.02.2023
- Russian troops continue preparations for offensive in separate directions – AFU General Staff 02.02.2023
Ambassador to Turkey: We expect Bayraktar plant to be launched within two years
KYIV. Jan 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine expects the Turkish defense company Baykar to complete the construction of its plant in Ukraine in two years, Ukrainian Ambassador to Turkey Vasyl Bodnar has said.
"We expect that the plant itself will be launched within the next two years and will start producing goods, including those with Ukrainian components," he said at a briefing at Media Center Ukraine on Tuesday.
Bodnar added that the other day, another flight of the Kızılelma (Red Apple) drone with a Ukrainian engine was made, which indicates the density of cooperation.
The Bayraktar Kızılelma is a supersonic jet-powered stealth UAV developed by the Turkish defense company Baykar. The UAV has a maximum takeoff weight of about 6 tonnes, with more than 1.5 tonnes of said weight available for the payload. It’s equipped with one turbojet engine. Its highest speed is up to 800 km/h, its flight time is up to 5 hours.