- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Alikhan Smailov reappointed as Kazakh PM
ASTANA. March 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has signed a decree appointing Alikhan Smailov to the post of prime minister.
The decree published on the presidential website orders that “Alikhan Askhanovich Smailov be appointed as prime minister of Kazakhstan.”
Earlier on Thursday, the lower chamber of the Kazakh parliament at its plenary session voted 82-7 with eight abstentions to give the green light to the president to reappoint Smailov to the post of prime minister.
Under the constitution, the Kazakh government resigned on Wednesday following the recent parliamentary elections.
Smailov, 49, became prime minister on January 11, 2022, immediately after the January events in Kazakhstan.