- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration
KYIV. May 7 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Anti-aircraft defense forces shot down a Russian cruise missile in the sky over Poltava region, head of Poltava Regional Military Administration Dmytro Lunin said.
"Our air defense shot down an enemy missile over Poltava. The AFU spares our peace of mind, but air raid sirens should not be ignored!" Lunin wrote on Telegram on Saturday.
As reported, the Russian occupiers launched a missile strike on an infrastructure facility in Karlivka, Poltava region on Saturday morning. There were no casualties or victims, the fire was extinguished, the blast wave damaged window panes in nearby buildings.