- One should not look for soft synonyms for war crimes – Podoliak 27.03.2023
- Zelenskyy: Dozens of apartments in two houses in Zaporizhia, affected by Russia’s rocket attack on March 22, not suitable for living 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: We start discussion with UK Parliament on recognizing Holodomor as genocide of Ukrainian people 27.03.2023
- Defense forces attack 10 places of concentration of invaders in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: It's time for UK to become leader of ‘air coalition’ 27.03.2023
Air defense forces destroy 11 out of 16 launched Shahed attack drones – AFU
KYIV. March 18 (Interfax-Ukraine) – On Friday evening and Saturday night, Ukrainian air defense forces destroyed 11 out of 16 Shahed-136/131 type attack drones launched by Russia, the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have reported.
“At about 21.00 on March 17, 2023, the Russian invaders attacked Ukraine with Iranian-made kamikaze drones of the Shahed-136/131 type. The attack was made from two directions – from the eastern coast of the Sea of Azov and the Bryansk region of Russia,” the Air Force said on its Telegram channel on Saturday night.
“The forces and means of the Center, East and West air task forces of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed 11 attack drones in the central, western and eastern regions, respectively,” the press service said.