- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Agrarian Ministry signs two memoranda in dairy industry with Qatari companies
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine has signed memoranda of understanding in the field of dairy production with the Qatari companies Baladna Co Q.P.S.C and Widam Food Company Q.P.S.C, which will contribute to the innovative development of the Ukrainian dairy industry and the inflow of investments, the ministry said on the website.
"Cooperation will contribute to the innovative and investment development of the sphere of dairy production in Ukraine and the provision of food security in general," the ministry said in a statement.
It is noted that the parties agreed to cooperate and exchange information in the field of investment agricultural projects in Ukraine.
The press service said, citing First Deputy Minister of Agrarian Policy Taras Vysotsky, that the signing of these documents became the practical implementation of the agreements reached during the visit in April this year of President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky and Minister of Agrarian Policy Roman Leschenko as part of a delegation to Qatar.
"Today we’ve signed a memorandum with one of the largest companies in Qatar, which has very good expertise, knowledge of technology. For example, the average milk yield per cow at their enterprises is 40 liters/day and is one of the highest in the world. It is very important that Qatari technologies will be involved in the development of dairy livestock in Ukraine," Vysotsky said.
As reported, Ukraine and Qatar signed 13 important documents and two commercial contracts on April 5, 2021. Zelensky noted Ukraine has every opportunity to fully ensure the food security of Qatar.