- Norwegian ports to restrict access for Russian trawlers 07.10.2022
- Currency cross-rates at 13:01 Kyiv time on 07/10/22 07.10.2022
- Ukrainian banks' cash exchange rates on 07/10/22 07.10.2022
- LPN and eurobond quotations as of 18:00 Kyiv time on October 6 07.10.2022
- Naftogaz supports use of UAH 26 bln from royalty for Aug-Nov 2022 to buy gas from private producers – Vitrenko 07.10.2022
After new atrocities committed in Izium, France to send new support mission to assist investigators in Ukraine – FM
KYIV. Sept 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – After the discovery of the burial sites in Izium, France will send a group of investigators to Ukraine, French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna said.
“We sent two teams of investigators to Ukraine. Over the course of three months, they helped the Ukrainian judicial authorities to meticulously and patiently establish the facts. Additionally, we donated a mobile DNA-analysis laboratory. Now that the world has learned of the new atrocities committed in Izium, we have decided to send a new support mission to assist the investigators on the ground. Because where Russia employs disinformation and propaganda, justice must be grounded in facts,” Colonna said at a meeting of the UN Security Council in New York on Thursday.
We will need to ensure that people are held accountable for the crimes they have committed.
“France’s message today is simple: justice must be our shared priority. There will be no peace without justice. Justice is obviously crucial for the victims, who are entitled to recognition and reparations for their suffering. For all of the suffering that each victim has experienced. Justice is also an international security imperative, and I say this to all those who think that this war is simply yet another conflict. If everything is permitted here, that will hold true all the more elsewhere, making wars of aggression even more likely,” Colonna stressed.