- День народження Інтернету 17.05.2022
- "Хостмайстер" посилив захист інфраструктури за допомогою Hideez 07.05.2022
- У Чорнобаївці російські окупанти призначили "голову адміністрації" територіальної громади, працівники сільради відмовилися від співпраці з ворогом 07.05.2022
- НАСТУПНИМИ ПІСЛЯ ЦИВІЛЬНИХ З "АЗОВСТАЛІ" МАЮТЬ ЕВАКУЮВАТИ ПОРАНЕНИХ І МЕДИКІВ – ЗЕЛЕНСЬКИЙ 07.05.2022
- Наступними після цивільних з "Азовсталі" мають евакуювати поранених і медиків – Зеленський 07.05.2022
Distribution Project Coordinator – Координатор проекту з розповсюдження
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Role and responsibilities
The Distribution Project Coordinator leads the implementation of NRC’s distribution projects, and he/she is responsible for overseeing the planning, design and supervision of distribution activities implemented by NRC in Eastern Ukraine.
- Overall supervision of the Distribution team, setting clear objectives for team members and indicators to monitor performance
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of distribution projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated by APM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure compliance with NRC distribution strategy, tools, guidelines and standards
- Responsibility for quality control and monitoring of project activities by his/her team
- responsibility for project documentation of project activities
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in project activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders (i.e. local authorities, other humanitarian organizations, volunteer groups)
- Promote the rights of IDPs in line with NRC’s advocacy strategy
- Coordinate and lead needs assessments to identify potential beneficiaries of NRC’s distributions.
- Liaise with partner organizations responsible for distributions in target areas and ensure they carry out distributions in line with NRC’s strategy, modalities and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the development of specific technical guidance, tools and mechanism to support and monitor the activities of the Distribution team.
- Ensure proper sensitisation of the community about the planned activities.
- Contribute to organisational learning through the provision specific of technical analysis, lessons learned and reports
- Manage staff performance using NRC’s Performance Management system
- Provide regular progress reports to the APM.
- Provide specific technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. cluster coordination) and working groups when requested by the APM.
- Ensure a comprehensive documentation of all activities conducted by the Distribution team and by partner organizations.
- Closely cooperate with the other departments to ensure adequate planning and implementation of a coherent integrated programme in target areas in Eastern Ukraine
- Closely cooperate with other departments to address cross-cutting issues that might arise during the implementation of project activities
- Support the line manager in drafting reports of any kind and contributing to proposals writing with development of work plan, budget, BoQs, list of activities
- Elaborate NRC’s distribution strategy and plans to meet all donor and project specific requirements as stipulated in the partnership agreements and general donor guidelines
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian/early recovery setting
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in people’s management
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good working knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector including the UN cluster system
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with figures from the humanitarian community, local media, local government and army, and other relevant actors, when required
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision and in compliance with basic security rules.
- Good understanding of humanitarian compliance vis-a-vis donors and accountability to donors and affected populations
- Good external representation skills.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian essential
- Good proficiency in English, both written and verbal, essential
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations and to travel to highly insecure locations in compliance with NRC’s security protocols
2. Behavioural competencies
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Type of contract: national employment contract by the end of 2022 with the possibility of extension subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Dnipro, Ukraine.
To apply for this position please follow the link.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.